Thanks to a call for donations from Peter Rosegger, the Waldschule am Alpl was built in 1902 and operated until 1975.
In order to stopp the rural exodus on the Alpl, Peter Rosegger launched a large fundraising campaign to build a school. The overwhelming success of the appeal for donations made it possible to open the school in 1902, which was operating til 1975.
The forest school is now a museum, where the class- and Rosegger rooms are still in their original condition.
Further information at www.semmering-waldheimat-veitsch.com