The municipality of Kirchbach-Zerlach resulted from the 2015 municipal structural reform in Styria. The municipality consists of the three cadastral communities Kichbach in Styria, Zerlach and Ziprein. In the market town of Kirchbach-Zerlach there is a high quality of living and life. The village center of Kirchbach is strongly characterized by tradesmen who look back on a long tradition - an ideal local supply and service center. In addition, Kirchbach is also a school location, as there is a polytechnic school here. In summer, the outdoor swimming pool offers cooling and refreshment.
The parish church in the center of Kirchbach in Styria is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The Catholic parish church is a building from the late 15th century. Between 1830 and 1836 an enlargement took place. The two-bay choir is Gothic, the west tower with an onion helmet is possibly late Gothic in its core, whereas the interior decoration is late Baroque. Above the village you can find the Catholic branch church dedicated to St. Anne. This was built in 1656 on an older foundation and expanded in the 19th century. Together with the neighboring parish of Sankt Stefan im Rosental, the parish of Kirchbach is organized as a parish association.