In the municipality of Gnas, ecclesiastical history dates back to the Middle Ages.
Since the Middle Ages, Gnas has been known as a place of pilgrimage to the Virgin Mary. In 1339 the church was first mentioned in a document, so there is already a long ecclesiastical history in the market town of Gnas in southeastern Styria. In 1686 the church was extended and in the following centuries, in 1744 and 1805, the church tower was raised by one floor. The neo-Gothic high altar dates from 1878-1880. In 1986-1987 the church got its present appearance.
Even today, the number of altar servers, the number of collaborators (various choirs, musical societies, parish communities) and the attendance at church services is high.
Patronal feast: Mary, Queen of Angels, August 2.