Neudau is a market town with almost 1,500 inhabitants in the district of Hartberg-Fürstenfeld on the border with Burgenland. The natural border here is formed by the Lafnitz River. Due to the Styrian municipal structure reform Neudau was extended by the neighboring municipality Limbach bei Neudau. The western part of the municipal area is covered by the Neudau forest, while in the middle of Neudau there are two lakes - the Fuchsschweifteich and the large Neudau pond. In the summer months, an outdoor swimming pool attracts bathing fun for the whole family.
Neudau made a name for itself early on in the field of yarn production - yarns and twists were produced here from 1845 until recently. Historic factory records from the early days still exist today. Even older is the former moated castle in Neudau, which was first mentioned as early as 1371. The outer castle in its present form dates back to different centuries. The oldest part of the three-story residential castle is the eastern wing with the chapel; some late Gothic windows are still preserved. At the beginning of the 18th century, the chateau was significantly expanded and also received the pillared arcades in the courtyard. Today the castle is used for private residential units.