The former parish church of St. Vitus in Altenmarkt was demolished in 1799 except for the choir. This simple Gothic building with buttresses and lancet windows, which has been preserved as the "St. Veit Chapel", was thoroughly renovated in 1967. In the process, an almost closed area of Gothic frescoes in the vault and on the walls, covering an area of 127m² and dating from around 1400, was uncovered. Colorful marbled vault ribs divide the room and make the artist's pictorial program clear. Other sights: baroque altar, tombstone of the knight Siegmund v. Eibiswald.
By telephone arrangement at the market town office Wies.