* from GH Kölbl in Johnsbach on route 601 in 3 h
* from the Kummerbrücke car park on trail no. 660 via the waterfall trail in 3.5 hrs (oldest insured trail in the Ennstal Alps and one of the most beautiful hut ascents in Styria)
* through Hartelsgraben via Sulzkaralm and Sulzkarhund on trail nr. 665 or 601 in 5 h
* to the Haindlkarhütte via "Peternpfad" in 4 h
* Zinödl (2.191 m) Panorama circular trail no. 662 in 3 h
* Planned peak (2,117 m) via route no. 663 in 2 h
* High gate (2,369 m) via trail no. 664 - Josefinensteig - in 2.5 h, descent via snow-hole pillars
Tours in the Hochtor area are climbing (I+) and only recommended for experienced climbers!
Parking spaces at the starting points.
The hut is well managed from the end of May to 26 October.
A worthwhile summit tour after a stop at the Hess hut is the Zinödl panorama trail, walking time 3 hours.
Tel. +43 (0) 3613 21160 10