In the north-east of Styria - at the foot of the Hochwechsel - a real winter paradise awaits all cross-country skiers. On a sunny high plateau at around 1,200 m above sea level, the Joglland trail is one of the most beautiful cross-country skiing centres in Austria.
One of the most beautiful cross-country skiing centres in Austria is located on a sunny high plateau at around 1,200 m above sea level, only about 1.5 hours from Vienna and Graz. The Jogllandloipe convinces its guests with different route variations, its altitude and the associated extremely high snow guarantee and views of the surrounding mountains such as the Fischbach Alps and the Wechsel region. This means that you can still do your rounds with the whole family even in milder temperatures.
Idyllic, dreamy cross-country skiing passages alternate here with challenging routes and thus ensure a particularly versatile cross-country skiing experience. Whether skating or classic style: both are possible here. And thanks to snow-making facilities, floodlights and snow farming, you will always find perfect conditions.
Those who want to learn this versatile sport from scratch are also in the right place in St. Jakob im Walde: courses and equipment rental help you to do something good for your fitness and your body. And because you like to sit back and relax after so much sporting activity, you can find gentle relaxation at the wellness offers at Gasthof Orthofer right next to the cross-country stadium.
Interesting facts about the cross-country skiing region
- The cross-country skiing region is about 40 kilometres long and includes seven different trails, all of which start at the Orthofer Inn.
- The altitude ranges from 1,134 to 1,360 metres.
- Both skating and classic cross-country skiing are possible here.
- Thanks to a snow-making system and additional snow farming, the cross-country trail is almost 100 percent snow-sure.
- A floodlight system regularly provides additional training hours on the trail in the evenings.
- Parking is available directly at the trail entrance.
- Equipment rental and the Nordic Shop are located on site. A professional waxing service and a wide range of rental equipment for adults and children make the region an ideal destination for the whole family.
- Taster courses, school events and a cross-country skiing playground are offered especially for children and young people.
- The Jogllandloipe has also been awarded the Styrian cross-country skiing seal of quality.
- For beginners and those who want to improve their skills, cross-country skiing courses and individual lessons are offered by cross-country skiing coach Klaudia Meisterhofer: Klaudia Meisterhofer
- Changing rooms and shower facilities (if required, cost: approx. € 2,-) available.
Shared taxi Oststeiermark SAM: HF5111, reservation at +43 50 36 37 38 or Sam takes you further - Eastern Styria location