The Brother Klaus Church on the banks of the Hubertus Lake in the Walster area lies in the heart of an untouched landscape, nine kilometres from Mariazell.
The building of the new church took place in 1966/67 in honour of St Nicholas of Flue. Two Styrian artists, Rudolf Szyszkowitz (concreted glass windows) and Alexander Silveri (cast-iron portal), have immortalised themselves in this church.
Nicholas of Flue (also known as Brother Klaus), born on the Flüeli near Sachseln in 1417, was a farmer, member of parliament and a judge. He retreated to Ranft, and as a hermit also exercised great political influence over the fortune of his country.
open from May till October, closed in winter
for information about service times etc. please contact the Superiorate Mariazell directly Tel.: +43 3882 2595 or mail