The initial chapel became a pilgrimage church in 1890. In 1991, the Small Treasury was opened on the sacristy floor, whose showpieces reflect the history and pilgrimage to the Altar of Grace of Klein Mariazell.
The pilgrimage church of Klein Mariazell is located in the middle of the municipality of Eichkögl. It has had its own parish since 1926. The altar of grace from the former chapel is modeled on that of the basilica in Mariazell, hence the name Klein Mariazell. A marked pilgrimage path leads from Eichkögl to Mariazell. The church has an exhibition room, the so-called "small treasury", where exhibits show the history of the pilgrimage site.