Reached from the Tressensteinsattel in three-quarters of an hour, the newly built 14m high lookout tower provides an impressive panorama view. In addition, there is an observation platform called the "Kanzel" which gives a wonderful view over the Bad Aussee.The Tressensteinwarte is accessible from Bad Aussee and Grundlsee on foot. History On June 23, 1888, Empress Elisabeth, after a tour through the Totes Gebirge, stayed in Grundlsee and visited the Tressenstein. In 1901, construction started on the Tressenstein lookout tower.On 30.06.1907 the Tressensteinwarte was opened. The Ausseer businessman Josef Nöbauer, who had originally had the idea, gave the opening speech. The choral society and local brass band provided the musical entertainment.