Graz Convention Bureau
Austria’s second-largest city is a place where the people are laid-back, hospitable and full of the joys of life. Many of its outstanding hotels are situated within comfortable walking distance of the conference centres and the beautiful, convivial old town. The latter is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a trendy City of Design, and has seen its tourist industry flourish since being appointed European City of Culture in 2003. A city of contrasts, Graz never fails to deliver on excitement, not only in its array of architecture but also in its rich variety of culture, day trips and social programmes. There is certainly no chance of boredom here! Plus, culinary delight never falls short either, since Graz is Austria’s one and only culinary capital, is beautifully situated in the middle of the Weinland and boasts a number of farmer’s market that is virtually unheard of in other cities.
SPECIAL FEATURES: As a university city, important research centre and economic hub, Graz is highly prized as a conference destination, particularly by organisers of scientific events. Around 160 international conferences welcoming over 50,000 participants from all over the world take place in Graz. Depending on capacity and preference, both historical and modern conference centres are available – all of which naturally come equipped with only the best in state-of-the-art equipment.
CONFERENCE PROMOTION: In addition to comprehensive services for organisers, such as location search, invitation to tender, hotel room booking, city tours, social programmes, site inspection and free advertising material, the Graz Convention Bureau also offers financial conference sponsorship for conferences over 300 nights in Graz.
- Themed city tours and sight-seeing tours
- Old Town rallye
- Conference excursions and side programmes: Southern Styrian wine region, Styrian Apple and Castles Road, Lipizzaner stud farm at Piber; Western Styria: culinary voyages of discovery with pumpkin seed oil and wine tasting, Stübing open air museum and Graz highlands
- Cultural and evening events, etc.
- Guidance, planning, info material
- conference and exhibition calendar
- event venues
- quotations procurement
- hotel reservations and bookings
- conference subsidies offered by the Graz Tourist Association
- conference organisation (PCO service)
- invitation to and organisation of visits / site inspections for conference organisers