Behind a farm in St. Georgen, archeologists have unearthed the remains of St. George's Church, which burned down 200 years ago. Two Roman marble stones left by the fire are particularly impressive.
The church ruin Georgskirche in the district of St. Georgen was once a branch church of St. Marein near Neumarkt, burned down in 1847 and has been falling into disrepair since then. In 2007 a team of archaeologists began to excavate the remains of the little church. Two Roman stones made of marble, which were found in the remains of the wall, are particularly impressive.
The ruin is freely accessible at all times.