In the treasuries of the Mariazell Basilica, votive images, votive offerings and miraculous images from several centuries are presented.
TheVotiv of many believers, royal and princely houses, bishops andcardinals are expressed in the exhibition. They are composed of the north and south treasuries, galleries, north and south galleries, and the west gallery.
The tour begins in the west gallery with an overview of the history of pilgrimage to Mariazell. Via the north gallery, past chronologically arranged votive paintings from the 17th to the 20th century, you reach the north treasury.
In the center of the Northern Treasury, the great Treasury Altar testifies to the close relationship with the House of Habsburg. Above the altar is enthroned the image of Mary donated by King Ludwig of Hungary, the second image of grace in Mariazell. The precious painting, created around 1360, is attributed to the Sienese painter Andrea Vanni. Votive offerings from the immediate past are displayed in the south gallery.
The south treasury - dedicated to Our Lady as Queen of Heaven - was in use as a vestment chamber until 1967. The carved Baroque boxes from the time of the treasury's creation are still used today to store vestments.