Gothic architecture The parish of Murau is characterized by its five historically valuable churches, as well as by its various forms of worship. Around 250 volunteers, who are invited once a year to the staff party, testify to a lively parish life: everyone contributes according to their own talents.
The whole wealth of late medieval church furnishings can still be found in the St. Anna cemetery church. The church was built around 1400 to commemorate a host theft at the point where the Holy of Holies was found. The nave is connected to the small choir with a ribbed vault, in the main part of which an organ loft with rich tracery parapets has been inserted. A special feature of St. Anne's Church is its extremely high quality and uniform glass window decorations that adorn the three choir windows. From the Gothic furnishings, a winged altar under a stone canopy (with depictions of the discovery of the host), the third group of Anna Selb in the middle of the baroque high altar and numerous frescoes have been preserved. The magnificent triumphal arch fresco of the root of Jesse is dated 1518. The pews with carved bird heads date from the 17th century. In 1972 and 1974 the interior and exterior of the church were renovated. In the following years the church received new bells.
Handing over of the keys to the parish office of Murau | Schlossberg 8 | +43 3532 2489