Memorial to the paratroopers of the Second World War.
The Landeskameradschaft ehemaliger Fallschirmjäger Feldbach built the paratrooper memorial in 1954. Already during the construction there were great difficulties due to the occupying forces still in the country. To the solemn inauguration many did not dare to appear. They even threatened to blow up the monument. The monument is 13.5 meters high. The eagle weighs 2.5 tons. Every year in May a commemoration ceremony is held at the monument, which is attended by paratroopers from all over the German-speaking countries. It is the only monument of this kind in the whole German-speaking area. During the Second World War, Captain Günther Heymann fought here with a combat group for the reconquest of Feldbach. The reason for erecting the paratrooper memorial on the place where it stands today was the death of the first paratrooper behind the Eckhart house. A few years ago the monument was taken over by the municipality.